· Cooperating with cross-functional departments for daily operations, data center projects and maintenance queries.
· Supervising the provisioning of all DC services; including racking & stacking, hardware installation, power and network connectivity.
· Administrating UPS systems, HVAC units and miscellaneous IoT equipment of multiple sites, for centralized monitoring, automated backup processes and relevant system alerts for timely appropriate action to be taken for 24/7 operations.
· Maintaining and troubleshooting Bio-Metric access control devices and CCTV setup. Along with administering and integration of all data center infrastructure equipment into enterprise monitoring software, APC StruxureWare.
· Coordinating with different vendors for the troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of all Infrastructure and IT equipments.
· Creating, revising & implementing standard operating procedures for data center operations.
· Working within the team and working with upper management, to maintain up-dated record, inventory management, asset tagging. Along with conducting concensus for process improvements and best practices.
· Partaking and reviewing records and documentations for quarterly Audit reviews.
· Creating & maintaining professional data center, network and electrical system layouts in MS Visio & AutoCAD.
· Installing and decommissioning servers, storages and various network equipments in data centers at multiple sites; according to operational procedures.
· Monitorng Data Center BMS systems, server fleets and network infrastructure, across the production site and POPs, in the city and resolving any events or issues that occur based on operational polices and protocols.
· Provisioning various OS (VMware ESXi, Redhat Linux and Windows Server and domain specific OS) across servers and administering the equipment for system patches and firmware updates, profile configurations and configuration of equipment for remote management and network profiles.
· Responding to IT infrastructure systems’ issues and coordinating with vendor for action plans and parts replacement and coordinating with relevant teams for downtime acquisition.
· Coordinating with network operations team, for raising IP pools and network switch termination requests for allocation of network IDs of new equipment deployments.
· Monitoring of Long-Haul and network connectivities for interconnecting Data Center sites, within the city and DR site, via Solar-Winds and Network Performance Monitoring Tools.
· Administrating multiple Data Domains for backup processes and data restorations, across production, DR and other sites, via virtual tape management.
· Carrying out Weekly rotation of Backup Tapes, for Banking Data offsite storage.
· Operating within accordance with the company’s IT Code of Conduct and escalate any instances of violations to safe guard company information.
· Deploying and managing network cabling of UTP, Single/Multimode Fibers, Co-Axial as per bandwidth and connectivity requirements; including harnessing and tagging, as per Data Center standards.
· Carrying out surveys and conducting cabling requirements for Technology Refresh of internal and external department requirements.
· Determining electrical load of data center facilities and customer requirement to ensure balanced distribution of power, through proper allocation from the power infrastructure.
· Managing and maintaining the LV power infrastructure of data center, along with conditional monitoring of data center electrical equipment, with administering ~500 kVA UPS system.
· Preparing load utilization report of data center facilities, co-located customers and UPS loading.
· Supervising activities and managing daily functions for operations, along with managing IT infrastructure of data center, all in all with proper maintenance of database and documentation.
· Preparing documents for audit purpose pertaining to data center activities and conditions under the knowledge of management, upon request of customer.
· Regulating and operating HVAC equipment and supervising equipment maintenance and inspection by respective vendors for respective system (UPS/FSS/HVAC) at the respective data center.
· Carrying out operational procedures, via ticketing system for facilities servicing and maintenance, while maintaining logs with brief of activities.
· Evaluating Data Center infrastructure requirements (rack space, network, electrical power, network cabling, etc.) and coordinating necessary resources to prepare space for new equipment.
· Supervising installation, mounting, dismantling of data center, telecom & IT equipment, along with the electrical and network cable harnessing as per standard.
· Coordinating with international and local customers for deployment, configuration and installation of equipment, using a joint plan for commissioning of equipment, along with providing smart-hand services.
· Preparing project drafts for proposals to customers for co-location in the Data Center, using AutoCAD and Visio and maintain the relative records.
· Coordinating with peer telecom service providers for troubleshooting and service restoration for the respective Points of Presence.
· Providing 24/7 technical & managerial support to internal & external customers co-located in the data center, by coordinating internally and external to the company for resolution of issues.
Master of Science in Electrical (Control Systems)
Bachelors in Electrical Engineering
Be the first to review “ahmed.hunain56”